Tuesday, June 8, 2010

PTC/User 2010 day 2 (morning update)

The morning session started off with an announcement by Ron Watson that PTC would be taking over all future PTC/User conferences.
The new slogan will be "The Independent Voice of Communist CAD Users" (all right, I made that last part up).

The key note speaker this morning was Peter Burrows who has 40 years of cool IT experience. After a rocking sports compilation video he shared how Adidas uses PTC products to quickly conceptualize, coordinate and create sports gear to suite a rapidly demanding customer base.
It's always inspiring to see the tools I use everyday make sexier products than hydrogen fuel cells. But the most enlightening thing I got from Mr. Burrows' speech had nothing to do with technology. My wife might not dig it, but I cannot wait to buy a toupee and glue it to my upper lip.














That is bad-ass.

I then sat in on David Haigh’s Putting All the Pieces Together: Pro/ENGINEER Admin 101. David did a great job of front to back Pro/E setup for standardized CAD use. I was impressed with his level of efficient detail. It is definitely worth taking a look at his presentation. Best of all he has one of those deep James Earl Jones voices. It felt like pro/E story time except I wasn’t wearing my pj’s.

Ps.
***WARNING***
Afternoon sessions may be raucous and odorous due to the TexMex lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I have heard rumors of the Watson announcement, but this is the first confirmation.

    I can't say I'm happy about it!

    ReplyDelete