Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 1 (BTW version)

Apparently I had my "geek" on yesterday because I missed a few significant notes. I guess that's what happens when you're enthralled in CAD lust (have I mentioned WF5 frigging rocks?).

Anyway, here are a couple extra notes from the Corporate Update
- 20% of every PTC dollar goes to product development.
- 40% of PTC employees work in R&D
- MathCAD has been "reinvigorated" with release of MathCAD Prime.
- The bigger news of the day was the tease introduction of "Project Lighting". Jim Heppelman began by stating "there has not been a radical CAD innovation since 1985" (which was the intro of pro/E). With that he introduced PTC's vision of the next 20 years of CAD, Project Lightning. The only real hint was that it would be an app-based platform similar to the iPod/iPhone. There will be a full virtual event intro on October 28, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment