Friday, May 28, 2010

One stop shopping

My wife just told me that my blog has become a real downer with all of the layoff talk. So let’s take care of that right now….

A bunch of us decided to go out for lunch today and were having the “most embarrassing thing you ever did at work” discussion. There were some pretty funny stories but judging by the laughter I was the biggest moron at the table.

My story:
I was fresh out of college and a few hours into my first real job. I had drastically over dressed by wearing a suit and tie to the shop and was regretting the pot of coffee I drank that morning. After enduring hours of insurance forms, orientation and facility tours I had one thing on my mind; my old friend John who happens to be made of porcelain.

I snuck away to the factory floor where I saw a men’s room a few hours before. I went in and was immediately standing in front of a trough. I wasn’t too surprised to see this relic of the rest room as the facility was easily over 100 years old.

Anybody who has ever used a trough knows that it isn’t the most comfy of places to empty your bladder. Stage fright can set in quickly so “speed” is the name of the game. The room was empty and I got to work right away.

Not long after I started some one walked in. I realized that he was looking at me kind of funny as he walked by. I just figured he was a weirdo who happened to like the troth dynamic. But he kept on walking to the previously unnoticed row of urinals.

I looked in front of me and there it was; a soap dispenser. That’s when it hit me

I was making a terrible mistake!!!

Yep. It was my 1st day, I was wearing a suit, and I was peeing in the sink.

I immediately dug down deep into my inner self and found the will to stop mid-stream (never an easy task). I then zipped up, got squirt of soap and I stepped on the water lever to rinse off my hands and flush at the same time. I ran out and never used the trough again.

There it is. My most embarrassing work moment. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment