Thursday, May 27, 2010

A rough one today

Today was one of those days that you hate to remember. ½ of my co-workers at Plug Power lost their jobs (117 in all). One of them being Jonathan B., who has sat right next to me for the last 6 months. What a bummer.

The good thing (for those of us left) is that our company will be very focused for the foreseeable future. Plug has become crippled over the last few years by depending too much on international collaboration and by trying to develop too many different products. It may work for us some day, but it clearly wasn’t working right now.

The immediate solution:

As a result of the above mentioned problems Plug will be consolidating all employees to one location (Latham, NY), and we will be focused on one product (material handling power systems).

I have to admit that I’m starting to get excited about the new adventures as the initial shock and sadness wears off.

1 comment:

  1. What a day huh? I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. And by tomorrow I don't mean metaphorically, I mean tomorrow...gotta take things day by day.

    ReplyDelete