Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Pro/E doesn't work"

So I’m sitting at my desk a little while ago and I get a phone call from one of our engineers who only uses Pro/E when he wants to pick on someone’s else’s work. Let’s call him “Oprah” to protect his identity. I answer the phone and the following conversation unfolds…

Larry: “Hello, Larry Pitts.”

Oprah: “Hey Man, it’s Oprah. Pro/E doesn’t work.”

Larry: “Ohhh (suppressing a million sarcastic replies) Ummm, can you be more specific?"

Oprah: “Yeah, I click on the Icon, enter my name and password, and it tells me I can’t get in.”

Larry: “Ok, when is the last time you turned your computer off and back on?” (always the 1st question any CAD admin should ask)

Oprah: “When I got here.”

Larry: “Ok, I’ll be right over.”

So I go and sit down at Oprah’s desk and take a look. I immediately notice that the taskbar looks like the blades of a radiator because there are so many programs open. I turn to Oprah and say, “I thought your computer was restarted just this morning. How did you get all of these programs open?”

Oprah looks at me very seriously and says, “I didn’t say that. I meant I turned it on when I started working here in January.”

the end

No comments:

Post a Comment