Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Welcome to badCAD

Hi. My name is Larry Pitts. Some of you might remember me from my website www.BadDesign.us, while others may have endured one of my PTC-User presentations. How ever you ended up here, I hope you enjoy your visit.

If you’ve ever met me you know that I like to have fun (especially when I am not supposed to). Whether it’s sitting in a design review, traffic court or church I have a hard time being serious. Just like that kid in the Sixth Sense saw “dead people”, I see “funny people”.

One thing I have learned is that this black and white world of hard physics and pocket protectors can be very funny if you look at it from a different angle. Call it what you will; engineering satire, design follies, or just plain nerd humor, this amusement may be the one thing that gets you through another day of monotonous meetings and tolerance stack-ups.
On the other hand, if this stuff isn't funny to you you’re probably the butt of more office jokes than you realize.

Either way, I hope you enjoy my weird ramblings on the wacky world of design.

3 comments:

  1. Larry, welcome (or rather, welcome back to) the CAD blogging community. I have to say, I love your VoCADulary secion! There is some damn good stuff, right there brother.

    I know that I, and probably many others, are looking forward to seeing your blog grow and prosper to bring us lots of great and entertaining posts.

    Good luck and see you around the water cooler.

    - KFD -

    ReplyDelete
  2. First it was texting, then blogging..and now it's Twitter...who are you and what have you done with my husband? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy:

    Your husband is one of us now. You can have visitation rights on the weekends.

    - KFD -

    ReplyDelete